All Indian citizens who depart or intend to depart from India are required to be in possession of a valid passport or travel document. Under the Passports Act 1967, the Government of India may issue different types of passports and travel documents such as Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic Passport, Official Passport, Emergency Certificate and Certificate of Identity for the purpose.
Now applying for a Fresh/Reissue of passport is become simple and hassle free with the passport online web portal. Please follow below requirements and the procedures to apply online and get free from long queues and unsuccessful attempts.
Steps to apply for a passport online in India :
- First visit the Passport Seva Portal and Register/Login.
- Fill the User Registration form and create the ID and password if registering for the first time else enter your User ID to login if you already have a valid account.
- After Successful login, click on Apply for Fresh/Reissue passport and download the E-Form (to fill offline for slow connections) else go with the Online Application Form (easy method)
- Fill the form after you have read the complete instructions and validate and save it (offline). And login with your ID and password and upload it using upload e-form link.
- You can pay the fees of Rs.1500 (for 36 pages passport) online using your debit/credit/online banking. Note that fees once paid cannot be refunded in any circumstances.
- Fix an appointment to visit your nearest PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) with date and time.
- Visit the PSK at the appointment date and time with all original and photocopies of documents required for verification.
- After successful verification you have to sign the application form and pay the fees if not paid online.
- Photographs will be taken at the PSK only, no need to submit photographs.
- After the completion of the process you will be given a acknowledgement number to track the status of the application.
What are the documents I have to carry for Passport Verification ?
1. Proof Of Present Address
- Water Bill
- Telephone (landlines or post paid mobile bill)
- Electricity bill
- One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook of running bank account
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Commission Photo ID card
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
- Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
- Applicant's current and valid ration card
- Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
- Aadhaar Card
NOTE: All bills and certificates should be in your name (the person who has applied for the passport) only.
(For Minor) : For minor applicants, present address proof document in the name of parent(s) can be submitted.
2. Proof Of Date Of Birth
- Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths
To track a application status click here
Keywords Search Results:
- How to apply for passport online in raipur, chhattisgarh. passport seva kendra, pandri shyam plaza. second floor.
- How to apply for Online tatkal or fresh passport in bangalore and the documents required for verification.
- Apply passport for first time at kerala passport seva kendra (psk)
- Do the documents I have to carry for address proof are required to be in my name for passport application ?
- Passport application for minors below 18 years with the consent of both parents.